We are passionate about the web.
Founded in 2014, Beam & Hinge has quickly become a leading custom website design and development firm. Our team creates high design, brand-centric, and objective driven WordPress based websites for a diverse set of clients. We are a client focused firm that believes in attention to detail and the delivery of the highest quality website each and every time.
Our work is creative, fast-paced, and deadline oriented. If you are looking to be part of a growing team that works hard, celebrates successes, and looks to create the best client experience, read on.
Web Content Developer
Beam & Hinge seeks an empathetic, expert communicator to join our team as a web content developer. We’re looking for someone who thrives telling stories; who draws energy from connecting dots and solving challenges; and who believes that the web can be leveraged to improve communities, organizations and businesses.
Successful Beam & Hinge team members are friendly, dedicated, humble, and organized. We believe in asking lots of questions and helping each other. We like dogs, but cats are okay, too.
The web content developer translates client ideas and intentions into content architecture, sitemaps, wireframes, user flows, calls to action, and creative content that delights, engages, and converts website visitors. This position plays a central role in planning new client websites and in the ongoing growth and evolution of existing sites.
• Identify client goals and challenges through research, discussion, and observation.
• Create wireframes for new site builds and significant site updates based on client needs, analytics, and best practice in technical and content-driven SEO.
• Review existing client sites for opportunities to improve usability.
• Effectively explain strategies to internal collaborators and clients.
• Write page text, blog posts, headlines, and other digital content that is natural and engaging to readers while mindful of best SEO practices.
• Conduct client interviews that lead to great online content.
• Participate in the occasional “all hands on deck” exercise to meet client deadlines.
• Provide and accept input from team members, supervisors, and clients.
• 2+ years of web content experience.
• Strong grasp of user-centered design principles and practices.
• Solid understanding of best practices and processes in technical and written SEO.
• Knowledge of best practices in the integration of verbal, visual, and multimedia content.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, problem solving, time-management, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively.
• Experience in wireframing.
• Experience working in WordPress, Sketch, and InVision.
• Understanding on web standards and data structure fundamentals, including core HTML and CSS.
Think you’re a fit? Please email your cover letter and resume to Leverage@BeamandHinge.com